The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

Baseball destroyed by Allan Hancock

The College of Sequoias Men’s baseball team suffered a hard loss against Allan Hancock on Tuesday afternoon. The final score was 13-1.

The Giants started the game off looking put together putting the top of the Bulldogs order away. Strikeout after strikeout, quickly moved through the top of the first inning and then put the ball in play in the bottom on the 1st.

While the Giants started off hot the Bulldogs were able to make more plays and use the Giants’ errors to their advantage. Throughout the game, the Giants put the ball in play and got on base but left every batter stranded. Giants Noe Salazar was the only batter able to come home in the bottom of the third on a ground out by Giants Jeremiah Guerra. The Giants had 6 pitching changes trying to stop the Bulldogs’ offense but ended up being unsuccessful each time.

The Bulldogs were able to get on the board first with a single in the second inning. The Bulldogs continued to extend their lead by 4 in the 3rd one in the 5th and another 4 runs in the 6th inning. With Bulldogs being up by 9 runs, their hot streak continued, hitting a 2-run home run in the top of the eighth and putting away their final run in the top of the ninth on an error made by Giants Isaiah Munoz.

The Giants struggled offensively and defensively but still tried to find ways to put runs on the board. Unfortunately, their errors lead Allan Hancock to take home the win.

For all upcoming men’s baseball games and other sporting events at COS, go to https://cosgiants.com/landing/index