The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

Meet Student Success coordinator: Elvia Rangel-Lemus

As the new semester begins, you may already be feeling overwhelmed. But Elvia Rangel-Lemus is on campus to help you make it through the next 16 weeks. 

Rangel-Lemus is a Student Success Coordinator, who has been with the college for 19 years! She helps students throughout their time here at COS, to ensure that they are on their path to success. Rangel-Lemus shares that in her own time at College of the Sequoias she “wanted to go into the registered nursing program and followed through with [the] plan” But she enjoyed the interaction with students so much she stayed at COS and helped students accomplish their goals.  

Rangel-Lemus goes into depth on the resources available on campus that would’ve been resourceful for her during her time as a student. She encourages students to join programs like: EOP, the Access and Accessibility Center (AAC), and The Student Success Program. Rangel-Lemus says these are some of the key factors of success, and to use your resources. Rangel-Lemus is here to remind students to be proactive and utilize the tools found around campus to succeed. 

Rangel-Lemus also has a few tips to help students be successful at COS. The coordinator’s top tip: “Making sure you seek support!” That can be as easy as scheduling meetings with your academic counselor, showing up to class, and showing up on time. Rangel-Lemus says these tips will ensure that you’re on the path to finish in a timely matter. Rangel-Lemus even states that not seeking out support can even be the reason “a student fails a course”.  There are many people on campus who want to see students accomplish their goals, so Rangel-Lemus says to reach out when that help is needed.  

Rangel-Lemus can be found at the Student Success Center.  That is in the Sycamore building IM109. There you will learn how to jumpstart your success and stay on top of your registrations, FAFSA applications, various workshops, and so many more resources that are vital to your school survival. 

Want to learn more? Click the link below to reach their resources page!  

Student Success Center