The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

Meet the coach: Cori Janelli

COS “X” page

Giants’ head coach Cori Janelli is currently in her seventh year as the head coach of the COS softball program. She has won five of her last six seasons and is looking to add a sixth successful season to her resume this year.

Coach Janelli started her softball career at just nine years old, and would later play for COS for two seasons, before transferring to San Diego State University.

When referring to this 2024 team, Coach Janelli said, “I think we’re a really good team. I think we have a lot of great talented players. Pitching-wise, we’re stacked. We have really good pitching, and I think that’ll carry us a really long way.” She did point out that they do need to make a few adjustments but overall, Coach Janelli believes that with all the hard work the team puts into everything they do, they are doing a good job.

She says that her mindset going into every game is that she is super aggressive, and she wants her pitchers to strike everyone out and, “shove it in their faces”

Coach Janelli has a lot of passion for the sport, and that has allowed her to continue coaching this team year after year. She said, “I like to see the girls do well. I like to help them, and I like to make them better players.”