The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

Women’s soccer defeats Taft Cougars

Taken from the COS Athletics Facebook page

The College of Sequoias women’s soccer team defeated the Taft Cougars Friday afternoon during their last home game of the season. The Giants beat the Cougars 5-2.

The Giants wasted no time getting the game started as everyone on and off the field was excited to celebrate the Giant’s last home game of the season. The girls were passing well to each other and finding an open hole to take a shot. Giants America Lopez and Aubrey Salazar took multiple shots throughout the first couple of minutes but fell short of making any goal. While the girls were taking attempts left and right the Cougars were able to score first taking the lead against the Giants. Not losing their energy, Giants Gissel Mora, Lynea Rivera, and Salazar worked together to tie the game, one apiece. As the Giants tie the game, they lose communication for a couple of plays but are able to come back and get a play to Giant Mora to take the lead.

The second half of the game got off to a slow start. The Giants started off struggling to accomplish any play. The Giants didn’t let their setbacks get the best of them as Litsy Munoz extended their lead because of a penalty kick. As the Giants extended their lead the Cougars started showing defeat. Salazar was finding every chance to allow one of her teammates to take a shot but the Giants couldn’t get past the Cougars goalie. Giant’s Mora was able to assist Giant’s Munoz to continue extending the lead. Cougars answered back scoring for the last time still trailing by two. Just when the game was about to be finished Giant’s Lopez extended the lead for the last time. The Giants won 5-2.

For all upcoming sporting events at COS, go to https://cosgiants.com/landing/index