The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

B.O.S.S. up ASAP!

Kenny Goodman
Taken from the Sun Gazette
B.O.S.S. or Beginning of Semester Success, is an initiative to get students prepared and organized for the semester to come.
From January 22-25, the ESS building will be dishing out weekly study planners to visualize and manage your schedule weekly. In addition to planners, the staff has underlined the importance of connecting your canvas (or other scheduling app) to your Outlook Calendar – a full calendar in your pocket!
The principles of the B.O.S.S event are best from the horse’s mouth, but with the event packed up until the start of fall, you can read about them here! After a quick reporting interview with a friendly and quite helpful staff member, James, the following guidelines were written out:
● Fixed Time: Take all of the “set-in-stone” activities you have for the week and form a basis for your planner
○ Account for shifts you have scheduled and lecture-discussion classes you have lined up
● Loose Tasks: Try to note each of the tasks in which you’ll learn or work without as much formal direction
○ Studying, job hunting, reading, or leisure time can be wedged between fixed tasks or blocked off and distinguished by the hour(s)!
For additional help with studying, the ESS building offers many classes and tutorial sessions for those who need it. Check out all the times here: https://www.cos.edu/en-us/academics/language-communication/language-center#hours