Everything You Need to Know About COS Constitution Days

Hannah Escalera

U.S. Constitutions being distributed on the quad, October 5th.

The COS Student Senate is holding 2 Constitution days on the Visalia Campus quad happening Today, October 5th, and tomorrow October 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

These 2 days will allow students to explore the meaning and impact the constitution has, while they also explore their ideologies & abilities by having the power to vote.

The available booths that will be present on both days will be the Student Senate booth, the Register Voters Office booth, and both the College Democratic & Republican booths, along with the Health Center. This is not a complete list, and there may be even more booths joining the event tomorrow.

The booths are giving away free information above all else. COS Students could get a free Constitution that also includes facts about the constitution. Including important dates, people, and groups that aided in its creation.

At the Student Activities and Affairs booth, students can answer questions to receive free prizes including COS merchandise that can also be obtained by having an ASB card.

The Register Voters Booth is from the Register our Voters Office, they are present to assist in registering voters and providing information to those who are already registered. They are also hoping to recruit some students as members of the office in order to promote election day.

The Young Democrats Club booth is offering information on the differences between the two political parties while supporting Constitution day as a day to learn about both parties. A member of the club, Adam Rosenfield had this to say about Constitution Day, “Constitution day to me, is about being a citizen.” . . . “Our founding fathers meant for us to be civically engaged, being involved in what issues are going on and voicing your opinion.”

The College Republican Club Booth is offing a guide that could help students determine what side their political beliefs line up with. The club advisor Holly Peltzer explained that they also have a voter guide, information about Propositions, a conservative candidates list, along with some more free supplies. The booth also has forms available for Republican college students willing to join.