Online Order Up

COS Cafe releases new online ordering for the Visalia Campus.

Skyler Singsouvanny

COS Cafe offers a food and rest area on the Visalia campus; however the room can get crowded during peak times. COS Cafe hopes to ease the crowds with online ordering.

Online food ordering is now available through the College of the Sequoias Food Services website. Right now COS Food Services is only offering food from the COS Cafe location as well as only delivering to staff until the system is perfected.  

“Online ordering is currently available, however we have only marketed to staff as we make sure that all the functions on our end work seamlessly.” Nutritional Services Manager Zachary Patterson said. “There is an option for delivery for an extra charge, however we will only deliver to staff in their offices on the Visalia campus.” 

Patterson says student orders should be placed as a “pick-up” order and Food Services will have orders prepared and ready for pickup within a few minutes.

With online ordering, the orders can be placed ahead of time, and prepared to be picked up at any specific time completely bypassing the long lines.

“The COS Cafe usually takes the longest to prepare meals for our customers.” Patterson says. “All food is prepared fresh to order, so this means that the wait times can spike during our busy periods.”

The Staff would like a grace period as they launch the new routine and technology to weed out all of the little glitches and adapt to the system.

“We have worked hard the first couple of weeks to make it easier from the customers perspective.” Patterson said, “Our student workers have been quick learners and have bought into this new option immediately. I think they have fun seeing these orders come through, then filling them and running them across campus as fast as they can to a staff or faculty member’s office”

This service is only available during times of regular operation, M-Th 8:00AM – 4:00PM, and Fridays from 8:00AM – 2:00PM.  For more information follow the link.