The Student News Site of College of the Sequoias

Student Senate Elections

Student elections are April 24-25, so come out and vote! There are six students running for office. Here are the candidates:

Rheanna Gallegos – Commissioner of Publicity. This is her first year at COS, and she is majoring in American Sign Language. She would love to be your Commissioner of Publicity. She comes from a background of media experience, having graduated from El Diamante’s Media Arts Academy and with two working internships where she handled all kinds of media. She has graphic experience and she wishes to put it to good use. It’s her goal to share events happening around campus, to promote student involvement, and make sure everyone has an equal opportunity to experience the benefits and events we offer around campus. Please consider voting for Rheanna Gallegos as your Commissioner of Publicity.

Alyssa Rocha – Commissioner of Secretary. Alyssa prides herself for being well spoken, with a dedication to work and compromise with others. Alyssa is involved in campus life, and she works continuously to find solutions to challenging issues. Alyssa is passionate and looking forward to making a difference in the community.

Nicolus Anders – President. Nicolus served on leadership teams for two years in high school and for a semester here at COS. Nicolus has become skilled and proficient in holding a leadership role and understands the importance of guiding fellow students, as well as handling challenging situations that may present themselves. He says he is a charismatic and friendly leader who has the ability to easily connect with his fellow teammates. He’s enthusiastic about the opportunity to serve as your next Student Senate President, and he is looking forward to the opportunity to experience the responsibilities of his role. He is confident that as your next President, he will be efficient, kind, and will serve as an outstanding addition to the COS Student Senate Team.

Mekhi Sanchez – Vice President. Mekhi is an active member of A2MEND and a student athlete. Mekhi is familiar with the dedicated balance required to excel both academically and athletically. Outside of athletics, he dedicates himself to mentoring youth at his church, providing guidance and support to the next generation, as well as guiding and coaching his local youth boxing gym. These experiences have equipped him with a deep understanding of effective leadership and mentorship qualities. Mekhi is looking forward to the opportunity to create meaningful change in campus clubs for both current and future students. Through activity in policy changing and implementation of practical procedures, he will support and increase morale.

Athen Rivas – Commissioner of Activities. Athen’s previous experiences serving in the role of Publicity makes him a skilled candidate to serve as your next Commissioner of Activities. HisĀ  social skills and abilities to network would contribute to the continued success of the campus’ events and activities.

Marcus Anderson – Commissioner of Finance. Marcus Anderson has been attending COS for a total of four years and has maintained a GPA of 4.0 while enrolled in courses such as calculus and physics. He is a representative strategist and programmer for his robotics teams, and has learned to effectively communicate to achieve common goals. Marcus would love the opportunity to serve on the Student Senate Team so that he can give back to the college that has granted him fantastic education and experiences. It would be an honor to serve as an active member of his community and to serve the students and faculty at College of the Sequoias.

Don’t forget to vote for your next student candidates through April 25th.