Fall 2022 Food Drive & Halloween Contest

From the COS Wesite

The COS Student Senate and the Professional Association of Classified Employees are holding a fall food drive and Halloween costume contest this Halloween from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Visalia campus quad. The student costume contest begins at noon.

This is an opportunity to give out more than free candy. You will be able to donate important food items to those in need. As a bonus, the Student Senate and PACE are inviting those who choose to attend to wear their Halloween costumes and compete to see who is the best!

To celebrate both of the events, the COS calendar states that there will be food vendors and other activities to do in the quad as well.

The food items needed include:

Pinto beans (300 1-lb bags)
White rice (300 1-lb bags)
Mashed potatoes (300 boxes)
Stuffing mix (300 boxes)
Cranberry sauce (300 cans)
Turkey gravy mix (300 packets)
Elbow macaroni (300 bags)
Corn muffin mix (300 boxes)
Mac & cheese (300 boxes)
Pears or peaches (300 cans)
Apple sauce (300 cans)
Corn (300 cans)
Green beans (300 cans)
$15 grocery gift cards (300)

COS invites you to, “Give back this holiday season and donate canned goods! Bring your Halloween costumes. . .” on the event listing found on the COS website.

Food donated during the drive will be gathered for the Holiday Food Drive taking place for three days, hosted by the COS Food Pantry.

They have partnered with contributors including Student Activities & Affairs & the Central California Food Bank in hopes to create a more contributional event for the community.

The dates and locations of the Holiday Food Drive include:

Nov. 15 in the Breezeway of Education and Public Safety on the Hanford Campus
Nov. 16 outside of the west end of building B on the Tulare Campus
Nov. 17 in Parking Lot 4 on the Visalia Campus. Starting at 10 a.m. and ending at 2 p.m.

Additionally, PACE is also offering a costume contest for COS employees which will include a prize for the best team or department.