Do Zoom Classes Provide Quality Education?

Zoom, students’ and teachers’ new reality. It has played a key role in keeping classrooms everywhere connected while we transitioned from in person to online classes. 

Well liked or not, does it provide students and teachers a way to effectively communicate in the classroom?

It covers visual and auditory learning, however how does a hands-on learning student get the most out of zoom? This inflicts a challenge on professors as well as students.

While Zoom provides the necessary basics of teaching, students have to change the way they learn, and teachers the way they teach. 

COS student, Ashley Maciel said, “I struggle with being able to stay concentrated and motivated. It’s hard to find a quiet place to study or take my classes because I have siblings who are doing classes on Zoom as well.” 

She prefers in person classes because it offers a hands on approach to learning therefore, provides more engagement.

The program offers functions where students and teachers can mute themselves, screenshare, and show on screen annotations making the change less dramatic.  But, does Zoom provide an option to help mute distractions that surround students while at home? Nobody can change their at- home circumstances. 

Needless to say, there is good and bad to this new reality. It is important to communicate with teachers during office hours when needed. This will help avoid misunderstandings and frustration during this transitional time.