Why You Should Join The Campus Journal

Though I was only on The Campus for a semester and really, it was kind of cut short due to COVID-19, I had an amazing time. Being a part of The Campus is being a part of a family. A supportive family with tons of creative students with original ideas and dedication to getting the facts right.

I have had the time of my life writing about the things that make my soul feel alive. I have been able to let my creativity blossom. Creativity that had been hindered by the very structured research papers and reports I have had to do in college. 

I feel like I was asleep and now I’m awake. I have found my voice through and thanks to The Campus. This experience was nothing like I have had before. If I wanted to write about something, I was able to. If I wanted to interview a student on campus that I felt should be spotlighted, I was able to. 

You don’t have to be a Journalism major to be in this class. Even if your writing isn’t the best, as long as you have passion for the story you want to tell, you will do great things at The campus Journal. Not to mention, you have the support of your editors who will always help you, no matter what.

If you love films and want to review them, you can.

If you love storytelling and want to podcast, you can.

If you love photography and want to capture everything, you can.

If you love sports and want to tell the stories beyond the score, you can.

Whatever your passions are, you can turn them into great stories.

You should add Media Practicum I to your Fall 2020 schedule if you want to tap into your creative side. Class meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:10 am to 12:00 pm in our newsroom in the Kaweah building. Again, all majors are welcome; as long as you can fit this class into your schedule, you will be welcomed with open arms.

I will never forget my time here and though I am sad I will be transferring next semester, I hope you find a home at The Campus Journal, just like I did.