In Pictures: Impact Day

Students given the opportunity to meet face to face with volunteer options and organizations from around Tulare County.

Bobby Garcia

SPCA volunteer coordinator Bree Scarlet (right) and a volunteer (left) out looking for volunteers and potential homes for some very playful puppies.

The College of the Sequoias Visalia Campus hosted “Impact Day” on Wednesday in the quad. Over twenty or so organizations and communities from Tulare County set up booths and tables in search of students interested in volunteering opportunities.

Many of the organizations today had great success in finding many students to volunteer in one way or another. A few puppies even found homes at the SPCA Booth. Other organizations held events like The Central California Blood Center’s blood drive which found numerous donors to help save the lives of patients all over the Central Valley.

Students who did not attend impact day still chance to volunteer at the organizations present by finding their websites or applying in person at locations around the county.

Students waiting patiently to get their blood drawn at The Central California Blood Center Booth. Numerous donors helped save the lives of patients all over the Central Valley.

The Casa Of Tulare non profit organization advocates for abused & neglected children in the foster care system.

Imagine U Children’s Museum recruiting volunteers for their interactive museum for toddlers to 3rd graders.

Student having a conversation about herself with the ladies representing Act For Women And Girls, a reproductive justice organization building power through leadership development, policy change and civic engagement.

Students looking to transfer to Fresno Pacific University had a chance to speak with recruiters about their Bachelor’s Program.

Rural Communities Resource Center, an organization that helps establish a free food distribution center to serve rural and farming communities, recruiting volunteers.