Fresno State Campus Threat

Adrian Luevano

On November 2nd Fresno State football walk-on Christian Pryor was arrested for being connected to a threat posted on a social media messaging app Yik Yak.

The anonymous post, which included a photo of the Henry Madden Library on Fresno State’s campus, said, “the time is here. @3PM I will release my frustrations. Tired of dirty looks, get rejected, nd being talked about bc how I dress. My choice of weapon M4 Carbine and I take a headshot at a hot blonde”

Investigators tracked down the IP address of the Yik Yak post and linked it to Pryor. Pryor was arrested in the football facility before being booked into the Fresno County Jail on the charge of making a criminal threat.

Fresno State police Chief David Huerta told reporters later that night during the press conference investigators got Pryor to confess to the threats.

“If he were to come back to campus right now he would be arrested. There’s no joke that’s funny about killing people. There’s no mistake about it when you write it down. It was an intentional design act,” Huerta said.

Fresno State officials stated during the press conference that Pryor cannot return to campus while he is on interim suspension.

The university used its Bulldog Alert notification system to send warnings to 25,191 contacts registered to the program.

The FBI is now involved in the investigation as the 18 year-old wide-receiver could be facing federal charges.

Pryor’s bail was sent for 20,000 by a Fresno County judge. The next day Pryor posted bail and returned to his Los Angeles home.

Pryor has not played this season for the Bulldogs. The L.A. native walked on to Fresno State’s football team after attending Alain Leroy Locke College Preparatory Academy,

His bond hearing is set for November 17th.