Giants looks forward to future success

Giants looks forward to future success

Jacob Fox, Staff Reporter

COS women’s soccer is in the midst of a rebuild, but there is hope for the future. Although sitting at a paltry 2-11 record with four games to go, the team has shown flashes of future success. Two players in particular, McKaylah Rivas and Janette Rodriguez, have given the season a small optimistic return. Rivas leads the squad with 3 goals on 12 shots for a .250 goal average, while Rodriguez has saved 83 shots made against her.

“We have a lot of athletes that are pretty good, but a lot of high schooler’s are not prepared for college sports,” says Head Coach Ryan Rowland-Smith. “We are very statistically sound and have a great commitment level, but we are behind the learning curve and the teams we play have deeper and more talented rosters. It’s going to be a pretty big rebuild of the program.” Coach Rowland-Smith is in his 11th year of coaching but went on a brief hiatus before returning three years ago.

“The girls are great! This season has been a little rough overall but we are all staying positive and show up to every game ready to play the sport we love!” says Sophomore Madison Ridenour who plays the Defender position on the team.

Your COS women’s soccer team has four games remaining including their home finale October 30th against Fresno City. Be there to support our ladies team!