Make Halloween a re-memorable event

Jared Salcedo, Staff Reporter

College students have no idea what to do during Halloween. Whether it is getting drunk and passed out in the alley in a pumpkin suit or go out with family trick or treating. As us college students continue to get older, we don’t really care about Halloween as we used to. Well some of us at least. If you want to do something for Halloween that’s not partying and getting drunk or going out trick or treating then maybe try some of these ideas.

During Halloween season some people like to watch scary movies or classic Halloween movies. Scary movies like A Nightmare On Elm Street, The Conjuring, or Saw can bring in the scare for Halloween. Then classics like The Night Before Christmas, Gremlins, Return to Oz can ease up the season with something less scary. Either way, movies with friends or family during the Halloween day can be enjoyed for the spooky season.

If not movies then try going out to Vossler Farms Corn Maze. For 19 years the place has been opened and always brings in the fun for Halloween. Fun things like the pumpkin patch for kids along with train rides for them, the famous corn maze, and the haunted trail. The corn maze for years has always brought in people. The maze is big and fun to get lost in with friends. Vossler Farms always has great reviews every year and wouldn’t hurt to give it a try if you never been there.

If you have zero intentions doing any of these then take a trip around town or even go out of town. Go find some haunted trails/houses. Visalia and around Tulare county have all kinds of ghost trails and ghost stories. Go venture out and find some paranormal things if you are into that kind of stuff. Rumor has it that Hugh Mooney’s mansion located on court street is haunted by a little girl. Now many have said this is not true, but others have said they seen the little girl walking around the home or looking outside the window. The mansion is said to actually be haunted so why not give that a try?

Halloween season is fun, but only if you make it fun. College students sometimes don’t know what to do because they are constantly growing older and trick or treating isn’t really the same. Go give some of these ideas a try and always be safe if you intend to get drunk and pass out in alley’s.