• Last day to drop full term classes with a refund and no 'W' is Jan. 29

‘Bullets over Broadway’ comes to Sequoias this spring

The cats rehearsing for 'Bullets over Broadway' which opens March 16. Tickets will cost $20 for students, $22 for seniors and $24 for general audiences.

Michael Taber

Michael Taber

Michael Taber

The roaring twenties come to the College of the Sequoias this March with ‘Bullets over Broadway.’ The 1994 Woody Allen screenplay that was adapted for Broadway is currently in production. The play will be directed by James McDonnell and is set to open March 16, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.

The musical is about a struggling playwright who has the mob finance his play. To gain their funds, he hires the gangster’s girlfriend to be in the production. The talentless girlfriend becomes a headache for the show, but the gangster boyfriend actually has a knack for theater. The dark comedy musical ran on Broadway in 2004.

The show received good reviews as Janet Maslin of The New York Times called it “a bright,energetic, and sometimes side-splitting comedy.”

The theater department will perform the musical seven times in mid March and will be performed at the College Of The Sequoias Theatre. The show will run from March 16 thru the 25.

Tickets will be available for purchase at the box office, COSTheatre.org/tickets and by phone 559-738-3907.