• Final Drop Date for Classes is Oct. 20

Roundup: Paradine shuts down Reedley and Track set to compete in Stanford Invitational

Adrian Luevano

Ashley Paradine carried the College of the Sequoias Giants softball team to a 5-0 victory against Reedley on Tuesday.

The sophomore tossed a complete game and struck out five. With the win, Paradine is now 12-5 inside the circle this season.

COS struck for two runs in the second inning with Ashley Guzman’s single. The hit brought home Josey Burke and Breanne Tabarez.

Guzman finished the day 2-for-3 with 2 RBI.

Sequoias put the game away in the fourth inning, scoring three runs.

Brittney Howard finished 1-for-3 with 2 RBI.

Thursday’s doubleheader at Cerro Coso was cancelled due to the Coyotes not being able to field enough players.

The Giants will host Allan Hancock on Saturday, with first pitch set for 1 p.m.

Baseball: The 16th-ranked College of the Sequoias Giants and the first-place Merced Blue Devils went 17 innings on Tuesday and are tied 7-7.

Play was suspended due to light and the game will resume at Merced on Friday in the top of the 18th inning.

Game two of the series will be played after the conclusion of the extra innings game.

The series finale is set for Saturday in Merced, with first pitch scheduled for 1 p.m.

Women’s Tennis: COS is set to host Cosumnes River in their home season finale on Friday at 1 p.m.

The Giants have won two straight and sit at an overall record of 6-7.

Swim and Dive: Sequoias will travel to Livermore to compete in the Las Positas Hawk Invitational on Friday and Saturday.

Track and Field: COS is set to compete in the Stanford Invitational, San Francisco Carnival, and the Chabot Invitational this weekend.

The Stanford Invitational in Palo Alto is scheduled to have NCAA Division One programs, as well as professional runners compete against Sequoias.

The race will be live streamed by FloTrack.org.